Monday, January 20, 2014

Ghosts in the rubble (3)

Hi all,
Today's update covers the POLEMOS painting.
I was out sick last week with a bronchitis - pretty annoying, lots of coughing - but at least I had some time (when the medication was actually working and I stopped coughing for a few hours) to work on the POLEMOS.

I had already everything prepared and primed on my desk.
So I started to paint and weather the street, ruins and rubble.
 
As I had mentioned it will be rather dark and grimy.
 
Here you can see that I dry-brushed some areas with white - these are the areas that will be illuminated by the muzzle flashes and Molotov's.
 
And then it was time for the POLEMOS itself.
So far I had no vehicle in my arsenal with an urban camo pattern. Instead of re-inventing the wheel I decided to simply convert the standard Dencarian "Tiger Flash" pattern into grey tones.
 
I think it looks rather convincing :D
 
 
Next I added details like the view ports and ejected cartridges,
 
as well as all the lights and lenses.
 
They look like brothers, don't they?
 
More details.
 
And then it was time for some serious weathering... 
Say goodbye to the new paint job...
 
 ...and hello to the real look :)
Quite a difference, eh?

 
 
But with all the details and lenses painted it looks really good.
 
Then I painted the cinematic effects.
First the low velocity grenade launcher,
 
then the AC,
 
and finally the rear MG.
 
But the real fun was adding the illumination effects!

Enjoy
 
 
 
 
 
I am very pleased with the results.
What do you think?
I look forward to your C&C.
Cheers
Klaus