Monday, December 16, 2013

Still alive!

Hello patient readers,

unfortunately it's been a while since I last posted.
September had many issues and problems in its luggage. Lots of trouble at work, some private stuff and my shoulder still acting up. And this saw me getting burned out with the ATHENA.
Actually with all of the hobby (again some of you may rightfully say).
Everything is packed away, the ATHENA safely on her shelf, the paints in their box, and the bits neatly sorted. The desk is empty and deserted and the cleaning lady finally had a chance for some serious cleaning action in my "office".

But as arts classes started back up I begin to feel the "itch" again.

And you all know that there is one person for which I always do neglect my nickname and become Santa :)
So this year I will create a small dragon for the garden as Karin's Christmas gift.
A funny dragon.
Smiling, making a face, sticking his tongue out.

I started with a wire frame, added some Pappmachéand then finally began to sculpt, using "Fimo Air".
That stuff is pretty neat. Easy to work with, can be smoothed and deluded with water, dries rather fast, and feels like clay.

Here is my "little orange garden dragon" - maybe one of you can provide me a nice Latin nomenclature?
I still need to finish the front paws. 
 
 
"Huge" wings :)
 
Seems he finds plenty of food in the garden, at least his waistline appears a bit "soft" :) 
 
Face close-up
 
And the obligatory WH40K content.
 
Funny Titan you say?
Next I will paint him orange, maybe with some reddish pattern and a brown base - this way he will stick out in the garden (hopefully). 

Well, this is all I have.
Hopefully this will now re-spark my hobby itch (especially when I start painting the little guy) and we can see ATHENA back on my desk early next year.
Fingers crossed.

I thank you all for your patience and sticking with me.
I wish you all a happy holiday season, MERRY CHRISTMAS, Frohe Weihnachten und einen guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr.
Cheers and ALL THE BEST for you!

Klaus