Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Victors (3)

 Last night I began to sculpt the longcoat for the Commissar.
 












Still needs many details and the right shoulder area needs cleanup.
 












But the pose comes together nicely now.
 












While the coat cured, I started on the road.
 












First I did a final positioning check to see where all the protagonists will be
 












to determine where to do any ornaments.
 












Then I started to scribe the cobblestone pattern into the plaster
 











 













After that I drew the first ornament - a stylized Griffin -
 












and scratched it into the plaster
 












The other end of the road received the lower part of a skull (nothing spectacular)
 












 Last thing yesterday night was to place every piece in its final position,
 












and pin every figure there.
 












 












 











 













You may have realized that there are no heads on the troopers yet.
The reason is that I waited for a delivery by Mad Robot Miniatures.
 


 









It just arrived!
So with any luck I will be able to select heads tonight (I have art class though, so not sure how much time I'll have).

SDKFZ on Warseer was inquiring about the camo pattern I plan to use on the Nachtmahr.
My initial plan was to use the standard Dencara Tiger Flash, like on the HERCULES, but there are also suggestions for a parade paint job (like on the ZEUS), or a more sinister, dark "Night Camo".
I found this "Fiddler" on CMON by Darkmessiah and I could envision this camp pattern for the Nachtmahr.
 












What do you guys think?
Cheers
Klaus