Thursday, July 5, 2012

ATHENA - Steampunk airship (86)

Sorry for the lack of updates, but work got the better part of me for the last few days :(


I continued with the warhead of the Manticore. Last time it was still curing on the top of a battery.


Once it was fully cured, I removed it, mounted it on my drill, and then carefully sanded it down.


I usually let it run across a rasp first and then across a sheet of sandpaper.



In addition I worked on the head of Sir Horace's dog.


It looks huge now, but remember the body of the dog will also receive another layer of muscles and skin.





For Else I added details.


She received sleeve buckles, a kind of belt at the rear.




Some shoulder pads.


Plus a bit of cleanup.



Some of you inquired about a casted copy of the two girls.

I really like the idea, and since they are 100% sculpted it would be legal too. I will start some experiments on mold and cast for the two. I will also try to make an additional head, probably with a kind of fedora :)

If it's not too frustrating for me, I will try to update you on the experiments :)
Cheers

Klaus