Thursday, June 28, 2012

ATHENA - Steampunk airship (85)

Hello all,

well the sculpting of Else and Emma proceeded last night.


Else now has her jacket completed, and I think I managed it to keep her nice rear visible enough :)


Then Emma received the first pieces of her blouse and the forward section of the corset.


I think this looks pretty good, doesn't it?



Well, as mentioned before, I plan on adding some Manticore Missiles. But I don't want to add any turrets or the like.

I rather want to have plain and simple, soviet style, launcher missile tubes. They will be located in the forward are, left and right of the Earthshaker turret:



Here you can see the angeled tubes I cut for this.


I'll have a total of 6 tubes.


And I will mount them in two sets of 3. Most likely 2 will be closed while 1 on each side will be open, with the missile visible inside. I'm not quite sure if I will point them straight forward, or a bit angeled to the side. What do you think?



Speaking of the missile - or rather the warhead:

I looked through my stash of bombs and ammunition, but the only pieces remotely big enough are these 3.


Hmm.

Even the biggest doesn't really look convincing, does it?


*sigh*

So here I am again, scuplting :)

I used a battery as base, since the diameter would fit nicely into the tube.

But in the end I will only use the sculpted tip, cut it in the right angle and mount it in the tube.


Once it is cured, I will mount it on an electric drill and sand it down, smoothen it, and maybe add some details.
Since I had some PC left, I sculpted another warhead...

...nothing specific in mind yet, but I'm sure some of you will have a brilliant idea on how to use that one, right?


I will create a mold for both and then simply make another of each to fit the launchers.

Well, I hope you liked todays update.
Thanks for your time and feedback.
Cheers
Klaus