Monday, June 27, 2011

HERCULES (8)

Hello and thanks :)
Well, since the last update I pretty much completed the build.
I added some damage to the HERCULES.



And then I decided to add a little extra to the atmosphere...some bugs :)


Another little detail will be some roadsigns, like these 4 finger boards,


or this damaged sign with the name of the bridge.


And this completes the actual build.

So on Friday I primed everything.

Looks like the Lilly cat is quite exhausted form all the helping :)

Primed and ready to rock!
Since I'm not 100% sure yet how I will do the HERC, I decided to start with the terrain first, and adjust the HERC to it.

According to the fluff for the Dencara system the landscape is rather Marsian.
As you can see, I already left the area under the bridge considerably darker than the rest.

Then I worked on the lava, starting with Scab Red.

Then Blood Red,

next a 1:1 mix of Blood Red and Blazing Orange,

Blazing Orange

then 2 mixes of Blazing Orange and Golden Yellow

Golden Yellow pure,

Then Sunburst Yellow,

and finally a mix of Sunburst Yellow and Skull White.


Then I added a little "shine" to the surrounding rocks.

With the lava complete I gave the bridge its base color.

as well as the road.

The roads ornaments received a Terracotta coating.


and the bridge recieved some more details.


Then it was time to begin with the road signs. Here is the name sign in its "pristine" state,

and then battered and torn in the gore.


The finger boards.

In case you can't read them, they point to:
XANTHIUM - the capitol of Dencara 5,
SERENA CITY - a larger outpost of the Scarabs
XANTH SACE PORT - the major space port outside of the capitol
KOETTING HEIGHTS - the end of the "habitable" area and the begining of the hot, rocky deserts (with a tip of the hat to the very patient Lord General Gordon).


With the terrain pretty much completed I started on my very first Tyranid ever.
I decided to try a "waspy" paint scheme with mainly black and yellow.

I think it will be pretty good.

I hope you like it.
Thanks for your time and I look forward to your feedback.
Cheers
Klaus