Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2010 - what a year!

Well, since it's almost over, I thought it was time to take a look back at 2010.
It was year full of ups and downs, and in hindsight it was probably my (personal) worst in a while.
Hobby-wise the year started very slow.


JANUARY - I only completed the gargoyle "Bis" for my wife and played World of Warcraft


FEBRUARY - In February I was still infected by the WoW-Virus


MARCH - Still no end to the WoW-Virus, but at least I had some WH40K ideas...eventhough the campaign idea was a dead end...and the doctor diagnosed a hernia rupture on my right side :(


So the first quarter was completely lost to WoW...what a waste (in hindsight).


APRIL - Ah! Finally some WH40K stuff! I started to work on the Defense of Xantinum diorama. Also we learnt that the cancer of our cat JoJo was inoperable.


MAY - I continued with the Defense of Xantinum diorama.


JUNE - I worked some more on the DoX, but after painting the first pieces I began a new project: The Space Chopper (later the CHARON).


Second quarter, still no project completed, but fully 40K.


JULY - I concentrated fully on the Space Chopper and the acompanying Tiger Team. Lots of building and lots of painting.


AUGUST - Our 11th wedding anniversary :)
And I completed the CHARON! Yes, first project completed for this year!


SEPTEMBER - I started a new project: the Nighthawk (later the STRIX). I completed the build, but I didn't even start painting. I was interupted by a business trip to Philly.

In the third quarter I completed 1 1/2 projects :)


OCTOBER - After the Philly trip I had a hard time getting back into the hobby, especially as JoJo's health got worse. And I had a kidney stone with a very painful renal colic.
I started to revisit the Defense of Xantinum diorama and began work on the Ork Mole (later the DIRTMUNCHA).


NOVEMBER - My unsucessfull experiments with OSL painting for the Ork Mole prevented me from continuing. So I revistited the ATHENA (finally) and revamped her role and layout completely. She became a Destroyer/battleship instead of a Aircraft Carrier. I experienced an agnina, which prevented my scheduled hernia operation.
On 26th November we had to put JoJo to sleep.
After 16 years my little princess was gone - I was devastated.


DECEMBER - Fortunately there is always hope. Karin and I decided to rescue a cat from the animal shelter. Teddy is a real cutie! We picked him up on the 9th of December and he already is a full family member.
Unfortunately we had to learn that he's very sick and his kidneys aren't working properly. Hopefully we can get him back to good health - lots of veterenarian visits and a special diet. But for us it is like we rescued him twice. From the animal shelter and from complete kidney failure.


On 15th December I received my nephews wishlist, and it gave me a reason for a 40K project.
A Dark Eldar called KHERADRUAKH.
He's a complete scratch sculpt, but I was able to finish him in time!
Florian was absolutely stunned when he unwrapped him and he loved it :)
2nd project finished!


Many things happened.
A whole quarter wasted to World of Warcraft, several health issues (with the hernia operation now scheduled for early Jan), the loss of my beloved cat, and the new family member Teddy.
As said, personally it was probably one of my worst years, but at least there is light at the horizon.


And I completed two projects!
The CHARON:





KHERADRUAKH, the Decapitator:


Thank you all for acompanying me through 2010. Thanks for your time, your comments, your feedback and suggestions.
I wish you all a very Happy New Year! Health and Success and may all your wishes come true!
CHEERS!
Klaus