Wednesday, November 10, 2010

ATHENA - Steampunk Airship (72)

Thanks guys :)

Yes there will be plenty of room for personell - especially for the liaison officer with the Lord Gordons Praetorians. I think he will have his pith helmet under his arm and will be acompanied by an English Pit-bull :)

Well, first I had to also complete the right side of the 2nd level - including the ornaments and access ladder.

Next I began to experiment with a sensor and radar array.

Looks a bit like a carry-away handle :)

I tried multiple version, but I think with the straight rear and angled front it will look the best.




Here is a rear view of the current bridge.
As you can see, there's plenty of room inside.

To complete the sensor bridge required a lot of experimenting, calculating, and even more putty and sanding.



Next I experiemented with the actual radar dome (using a table tennis ball).

But this version with the pylon isn't really convinving, is it?

So I tried to mount it directly on the "bridge".
This looks a lot better in my opinion.

So I added a bunch of antennae and sensors.

Plus an access ladder.

It still needs ornaments and rivets, as well as cables,

but I'm quite pleased.


And I think it neatly integrates into the ships lines, doesn't it?

Well, that's it for today.
Thanks for reading and I look forward to your feedback, comments, and suggestions.
Cheers
Klaus