Sunday, May 23, 2010

Defense of Xantium (15)

To take a break form painting, I worked some more on the "actors".

Here's another little side-show I started. Another Space Hulk termie, catching a Grot.

He will most likely be positioned in the lower left corner of the diorama.

Also I started to follow the fields of fire from the various actors to see where I need to place targets.

More work on the Grot.
He's now shaking his fist at the termie and in the foreground you can see his "Boom-Pak" :)

I had to sculpt a new jacket for him, so it better fits into the termies fist.

I think it looks good.


Then I started on a new idea.
The Grot Ninja

and began to sculpt his tunic.

Added the mask

and details - like belt and sheaf.

I really love his determined look :)
Then I started on a wounded Sergeant on the steps.

Looks like he was taken down by an explosion and is now about to be finished.
Then I filled the area with more debris, leftovers, and a bodycount.

Here you can see the wounded Sergeants opponent, as well as three downed Orks.
They still need some sculpting as well as the spikes for the Stachelnschweinz.

Here you see another three Orks that are charging onto the area, and are hailed by a salvo of fire from Sister Karmelina's golden Bolter - they too need sculpting, but I won't add splatter - I think...

And here you can see the current status of the diorama.
As indicated by the three areas X1, X2, and X3, I still need some main actors.

Area X1 is the target of the heavy bolter and the cannoness.
Area X2 is the target of the Rambo style dude with the autocannon.
Area X3 has no one firing into, but are in the path of the rifle swinging officer, the wounded Sergeant, and of course the downed Sister Emilia....
Time for some Ork creativity.... :D
Cheers
Klaus