Wednesday, September 23, 2009

ATHENA - Steampunk Airship (27)

Time to protect the crew, isn't it?
As discussed in the comments, the forward section definately needs some armoured plates.
For this I looked at various existing models (like the FW Gorgon) and decided to use an slightly angeled model.

So I built some supporting beams, to which the plates will be attached.

Leaving room for the Light-AA's

Then I started on the central section with the new Imperial Eagle

More plates on the sides - again I used the 0.25mm plasticard, as this can be formed and bent rather easily.

Then I added curved plates on the gun positions

and added the usual rivets

And finally I added another ornament - again the pawed cross with the Fleur-de-Lil in it, and a flowing banner behind it.

Somehow I forgot to make a final frontal picture so you can see the whole baby...
Cheers
Klaus