Thursday, June 25, 2009

ATHENA - Steampunk Airship (14)

I spent last night mounting the stubby engine wings and then cutting some ornaments to cover up the scars of the "operation".

After that, the usual placement of rivets.

and the same on the other side.

Then I mounted the fins,.

Well, I'm really satisfied with the shape now.
It has the actual elegance of the real Zeppelins, yet it transports the carrier layout quite realistic.

So in photoshop it looks like this now:

On this image it still lacks the gondola for the jump deck.
I'm not really sure how I will base the ATHENA. The initial idea was to hang it from the ceiling, but with the increased size, I'm not sure if that will be possible.
I still fance the ceiling mount, with one interceptor in the air, one lifting off, the ground attack readied on the lift, and maybe at the same time some stormtroopers jumping off the jump deck....and all this over the ZEUS diorama *lol*
Ah, the nurses with the straitjaket are here...gotta go :-P
Cheers
Klaus